Tuesday, December 7, 2021

My Father’s Birthday

My father is celebrating his birthday in heaven today. I hope he is looking down and smiling on us as we think about him today.

My dad was over 100 years old when he passed away and this had me thinking about how many changes he had experienced in his whole life.

Here are some events and technological advances that he had lived through:
  • The Great Depression
  • WWII
  • The Polio epidemic
  • The Korean War
  • The Vietnam War
  • HIV and Aids
  • The Iraq War
  • War in Afghanistan
  • Death of a child
  • Death of a wife in 1989
  • Death of a wife in 2019
  • Black and White Television
  • Television in color
  • Telephones
  • Cell phones
  • Smart phones
  • Computers
  • Burglar alarms
  • Automatic driving cars
  • Electric doors and windows in cars
  • GPS in cars
  • GPS on phones
  • Clothes dryers in the home
  • Microwaves
  • Automatic Icemakers in the freezer
  • Bread Makers
  • Radios in the home
  • Car radios
  • Cassette tapes and Cassette tape players
  • CDs and CD players
  • VCRs
  • DVDs and DVD players
A lot had happened just in his lifetime! It makes me wonder what my lists will be like.


Happy birthday Pa! We miss you!

Original photos by Pat Hensley

No comments: