Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Having a Heart


“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”


In Acting on Your Heart, Rushton features a man named David who was on a cruise when he finds a malnourished abandoned dog on a deserted island.

He gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“Can you imagine ways that acting on your heart could get you into trouble? Or perhaps cause problems for the person, dog, etc., you want to help?”

When I saw this video, it almost had me in tears. I hate seeing any abused animal and I can’t imagine how scared and hungry it must have been. I’m not sure I would have done all that this man did to save this dog and I feel guilty for feeling this way. This would be a great introduction for a discussion with students on things they wish they had done but had not or things they can do in the future if given the opportunity.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.

No comments: