Thursday, December 16, 2021

Tune-Up

In Do you have a tuner? From Seth Godin's Blog, Seth Godin states,

"If we have mediocre tools, why should we expect great work?"

This makes me think of a pencil that is used until the point is no longer pointy. How many times have I used a garden tool until it is no longer sharp and hacking away at weeds is difficult and miserable? I have used a knife that is no longer sharp and not only makes cutting difficult but even possibly dangerous.

Teachers tend to go forward full of energy all of the time. They tend to keep going until they are no longer sharp. When this happens it is time for a tune-up. Holiday vacations are a great time for tune-ups.

Before my vacation, I like to have some idea of the things I want to do to recharge or tune up. Here are some suggestions:
  • Read a book for enjoyment.
  • Spend some time with a hobby that I don’t usually make time for.
  • Spend time with family and friends and put away my phone.
  • Go for a walk in the neighborhood and notice changes or improvements.
  • Go for a hike in the woods.
  • Do something special with a loved one.
  • Cook/Bake something you don’t usually have time for.
  • Create something new.
  • Pamper yourself and don’t feel guilty.
What would you suggest for tuning up over a vacation? Please share.

Photo by Julian Hochgesang on Unsplash

No comments: