Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Build Your Strength

"The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In Build Your Strength, Rushton features an ad from a mail-order pharmacy in Germany. I love how it focuses on the man’s determination to reach his goal.

He gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“The ad is from DocMorris, a German company that is listed as the largest mail-order pharmacy in Europe. Is this an effective ad for them? Why or why not?”

I love watching this man decide that it was possible to reach his goal and we saw through the changing of the seasons, that it took time but he didn’t give up. This would be such an inspirational video to show students. Even though their goals may seem impossible, if they keep trying and work towards their goal, they will eventually get there. I think it is also important to have some reminder of why they are working towards this goal. As I continue to work on losing weight, I have a photo of what I looked like at my goal weight years ago. I look at it every morning to help me have the willpower to do what I need to do.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.





No comments: