Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Rocket Launch

Yesterday there was a rocket launch at 5:19am ET. I love our Florida house for the reason that we can usually see this in the sky from our front yard and it is exciting. Many times it is cloudy and we don’t see anything but on that morning, while all my neighbors were asleep, I went outside to watch the rocket soar through the sky. It always feels like a miracle that an object over 1.3 million pounds can be launched through the sky. My grandparents would never have imagined something like this could happen. I wonder what my grandchildren will see that I can’t imagine. I would encourage you to have your students watch videos of recent rocket launches and discuss the amazing feat that happens. Seeing rockets launched into space is such a delight! I will share my video with you and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments: