Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 18 of 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger

Teach42 challenges us to join and read the Education Carnivals. He quotes BlogCarnival.com by saying:

"A Blog Carnival is a particular kind of blog community. There are many kinds of blogs, and they contain articles on many kinds of topics. Blog Carnivals typically collect together links pointing to blog articles on a particular topic. A Blog Carnival is like a magazine. It has a title, a topic, editors, contributors, and an audience. Editions of the carnival typically come out on a regular basis (e.g. every monday, or on the first of the month). Each edition is a special blog article that consists of links to all the contributions that have been submitted, often with the editors opinions or remarks.
There is so much stuff in the blog-o-sphere, just finding interesting stuff is hard. If there is a carnival for a topic you are interested in, following that carnival is a great way to learn what bloggers are saying about that topic. If you are blogging on that topic, the carnival is the place to share your work with like-minded bloggers."


This is a wonderful idea because I have been doing this for a long time. I have read so many things that keep me current with educational issues. I have enjoyed joining the debate on some of the articles and I feel this helps me sharpen my own ideas and beliefs. I have connected with many other educators and learned about new resources that are constantly being developed to make my teaching more successful. I make reading the Carnival part of my weekly routine so it has become a habit.

photo credit: Original image: 'Rosie the Blogger' http://www.flickr.com/photos/9106303@N05/2493066577by: Mike Licht

No comments: