Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 11 of 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger

Teach42’s challenge today was to introduce ourselves to another blogger. “To be honest, this one doesn’t really NEED to be a blogger, it could be a Twitterer or a Plurker too. Pick somebody that you may have followed, read, or listened to from afar but never made contact with before. Then introduce yourself. Let them know who you are, and why you read their work. Perhaps you want to reach out to someone you saw at a conference recently, a keynote speaker who you thought had an interesting point of view, or an author in an educational magazine that wrote an article you enjoyed.”

I have read this blog before but never really made contact with Christine of Ramblings of a Technology Coordinator. So, I sent her an email telling her how much I enjoyed the links she puts in her blog. I feel a lot of the tools can be adapted to a special ed student’s needs so I hope to pass these on to teachers who are in my university classes.

photo credit: Original image: 'Rosie the Blogger' http://www.flickr.com/photos/9106303@N05/2493066577by: Mike Licht

2 comments:

Bill Gaskins said...

Pat,
Thanks for sharing this. I need to take time to write comments to people who write in the blogs that I read frequently. I am so bad about writing comments. It is my goal to do better at this chore.

Thanks for being such a good blogger friend.

Bill

Christine Archer said...

Pat,

I got your email and appreciated you taking the time to write. So often when I blog, I feel like no one is actually reading it.

I too have yours in my Google Readers and faithly read it. I learn so much from all the bloggers I follow.

Next year I need to step up and do the 30 day challenge myself.

Thanks for all you contribute to education.

Christine