Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 2 of 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger

Day 2 from Teach42’s challenge deals with Site Traffic and what information do we gain from the statistics. Here is what I’ve learned from my statistics:

· 170 Average visits per day
· 73% of my readers are from the United States
· 10% of my readers are from Canada
· 58% of my readers use IE
· 29% of my readers use Firefox
· 9% of my readers use Safari
· More people visited my page on Wednesdays than other days of the week.

The number of readers has definitely gone up since I started blogging a little over a year ago. Most of my readers are from the United States but I need to remember that people from other countries are reading this also. This means that I need to be careful when I’m using acronyms or referring to things that only Americans would know about. I need to check my blog in Firefox so that I know what the 29% of the readers are seeing in that browser since I mostly use Internet Explorer. I believe that Wednesdays get the most traffic because that is the day the Carnival of Education comes out usually with one of my posts included. This directs people to my page.

I found it interesting to look at the statistics which I usually don’t do. I will try to look at them at least once a month to make sure that I’m not missing something important.
photo credit: Original image: 'Rosie the Blogger' http://www.flickr.com/photos/9106303@N05/2493066577by: Mike Licht

2 comments:

Paul C said...

Thanks for the heads up about blogging improvement. Have you heard about http://chuckwestbrook.com/ who has attracted quite a following in choosing an unnoticed quality blogger and helping him/her improve? There is a big announcement tomorrow.

loonyhiker said...

paul c: Thanks for the link. I will check it out.