Monday, April 18, 2016

Back of the Book Blurb #10 Challenge

In Back-of-the-Book Blurb #10 from Sioux's Page, Sioux offers this challenge.
 
She posts a picture and you need to imagine it as a graphic for a book. You choose the genre and book title, and then write a blurb that might appear on the back of the book.

·                The blurb should be 150 words or less (not including the title).
·                The genre is wide-open.
·                Each blogger should include their blurb on their own blog, and link back to this post.
·                Have fun with it. Go to the other posts and comment on the other blurbs. 
·                You can do fancy techy things with the photo.

(Join in if you dare...! It sounds like fun! I think this would be a lot of fun to do with students especially since they would be expected to write 150 words or less!)


Starting Over

Jane and Jim had known each other for a long time. It felt like centuries in fact. They really enjoyed living here and were sorry to leave it all behind. Life was good here because they had made long lasting friends. It was so sad to have to say goodbye. But their friends were getting older and they weren’t which caused a lot of questions. They went to the magic door and waited for it to happen. With a big flash, they were gone. All that was left behind were their statues as a memory for their friends. No one would understand what happened and eventually they would be forgotten. Now they would be somewhere new and have to start all over. Where did they end up and what were their new lives going to be like? Follow along to see what happened to Jane and Jim and why. (149 words)


3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--I'm so glad you participated this week. I was surprised, too, because there was no link to your story, so when I saw the photo pop up, I was pleased.

Your story sounds like a Twilight Zone episode. Kind of mysterious and creepy. ;)

Lynn said...

I liked the mystery behind what happened to Jim and Jane. (I hope I have the names right - you'd think since I just read it, I would remember!) I'm behind on reading so I may have missed your last one, but I can't remember. Ha, sounds like I don't have much of a memory!

Bookie said...

Nice...I like the idea of leaving a statue so one's friends remember a person!!!