Thursday, October 4, 2018

Morning Routines


“What are some of your morning routines? Are you intentional about daily renewal?”

1.     Morning routines help me start the day. As mentioned in the article I don’t do all of these things every day but I try to get all of these in.
2.     Deep breathing – I take a couple of minutes to do deep breathing. This helps me get oxygen to my brain and prepare for the day.  (3 minutes)
3.     I review my bullet journal and make a list of things I want to accomplish for the day. I also write about what I’m grateful for. (5 minutes)
4.     I pray. I pray that I can be productive and helpful to others during this day. I want to do positive things and avoid the negative things. I believe God helps me during the day and I want to be a better person. (2 minutes)
5.     I check my email to see if there is anything pressing to do for the day or upcoming events. (10 minutes)
6.     I write a post for my blog Mondays through Fridays. If I get behind, I catch up on the weekends. (30 minutes)
7.     Morning drinks with my husband. We go to McDonalds and have coffee/soda for about an hour each morning. Once my husband has had his coffee, he is alert enough to talk about our day and our plans. We see other regulars who meet there in the mornings and it is a good time to appreciate our community. (1 hour)
8.     Exercise – We try to walk an hour for exercise. (1 hour)

Even when we are traveling, we try to do these things. It is a great way for me to start the day and I miss it when I’m unable to do these things.

I think it is good to establish classroom routines to help students get settled in before new material is taught. Students know what to expect with a routine and helps them deal with the stress they are facing.

What routines do you follow? Please share.

 Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash




No comments: