Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Sock Pattern

I published my first knitting pattern, Southern Mossy Socks, last week and it has taken me months to do this. I’ve been knitting socks for about ten years but have had trouble finding patterns that fit my stitch count.

It has been a scary endeavor because I’m worried that people will think my pattern stinks. It is pretty basic and more like a recipe which is why it is a free pattern.

I know that people should have their patterns tech edited to make sure it is easy to read, but I don’t have the money to do this for a free pattern.

I was shocked when in two days, it had been downloaded by 108 people. This surprises me because I didn’t know anyone would be interested.

Publishing a pattern is a lot like blogging because it makes me feel vulnerable. I can only hope that if people have a problem with it, they will email me and help me make it better.

I’m hoping in the future to publish a shawl pattern but I will need to write up the pattern first. Then I will find some test knitters and possibly have it tech edited.

If you are a knitter, please check out my sock pattern and let me know what you think!

No comments: