Wednesday, March 8, 2017

SC Council for Exceptional Children Conference 2017


The SCCEC conference was held at the Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach on Feb. 23 -25. I attended some wonderful sessions and had a great time networking with others.  There were about 400 people registered for the conference. I was able to see old friends and make new ones. Attending the SCCEC conference is a great way to get quality professional development and I’m glad I went.

When you attend the conference, you are given a url code to get a copy of all of the presentations after the conference is over. I don’t have to worry about taking notes from the slides and can really pay attention to the speakers.

The preconference sessions seemed to be well attended. Even the college bowl was well attended and I was glad to see 3 college teams in the competition.  I think it is so important for our organization to encourage young people to being involved or our organization will fall into extinction.

I organized the policy panel again this year and my speakers were John Payne (Director of Special Education with the SC Dept. of Education) and Barbara Drayton, (SC Dept. of Education, Office of General Counsel). We opened the wall between 2 rooms and the room was full. The information given was what the audience wanted to hear and I’m glad that some people had time to ask questions. 

-->
I feel the whole conference was a success and I’m thankful for our SCCEC board for organizing this quality event!

No comments: