Thursday, March 16, 2017

Prizes and Book Reviews

Recently I entered a contest on the Facebook group, In Like Sin, hosted by the author Lisa Ricard Claro. Contrary to what my friend Amanda says, I have not won anything in a long time but my hubby is always telling me that you can’t win it if you aren’t in it. So, I entered this contest. The winners would receive all three signed Fireflies books and a coffee mug. The winners were chosen randomly.

Imagine my surprise when the author contacted me and let me know that I won!! I was so excited. After telling everyone who would listen, I let it slip in the back of my mind until the box arrived. Inside the box, were three beautiful books, each signed and addressed personally to me by the author. Yes, my hubby had to see each one and ooh and ahhh before I would leave him alone. The coffee mug with the cat was adorable too. I couldn’t wait to start reading.

I confess to not knowing anything about these books at all. I don’t like to read other reviews or summaries if I know I’m going to review a book because I don’t want it to influence my own review. I didn’t even really know the genre of the books but I’m always excited to read something new. Boy, was I thrilled once I realized these were romance stories which are my favorite! There was no obligation for the winners to review the books but after reading them, I just had to share my thoughts! 

So, I started reading the first book, Love Built To Last and I could not put it down. I have a niece who lost her husband at a young age and was raising her 10 year old daughter alone so this book struck home. The main character, Maddie, lost her husband and is trying to move forward in her life and finds love again. Of course, I love a good romance too and seeing the main character find love again gives me hope for my niece. The challenges the couple face are so true to life that it was hard for me to remember that I was reading fiction.

So, the first book was so fabulous that I couldn’t wait to start on the second book, Love to Believe.  Again, I was so enthralled with the story, I could hardly put the book down. The story focuses on Rebecca, one of the characters in the first book and how she finds love in her life. I really enjoy how the characters all connect with one another and the more I read, the more I feel as if I know these people in real life. I did have to force myself to stop reading in order to cook dinner one night!

The last book, Love to Win, was just as good as the first two books. Many times, I find sequels to be lukewarm compared to a hot first book but that is not the case in this series. The last book focuses on Brenna, another character introduced in the first book and mentioned in the second. I really like how the other characters progress as I read through the books. I was kind of sad to finish this book because I knew it was the end of the series.

This author is truly talented and I hope to read more books that she writes! If you get a chance, check out these books because you won’t be disappointed!

No comments: