Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Take Control of the Noisy Classroom – Book Review

I was recently sent the book Take Control of the Noisy Classroom by Rob Plevin to review. I am not being paid for this review. This book (264 pages) is not released yet but is coming soon. You can preorder it for $29.95 on Amazon.

I have to say that I’m totally in love with this book! Anyone who knows me knows that I believe before we can even begin teaching, we need to take control of our classroom. This book explains everything that I believe in. And it is an easy book to read with some humor thrown in too.

The author breaks everything into 2 sections: establishing control and then step by step strategies to use in the classroom. Examples are given so you can “see” it in practice. The strategies are broken down and explained clearly. It is possible to try a strategy and get it in place and then try another strategy. The classroom is always evolving and with different students’ personalities so not one particular strategy may be the perfect one for everyone’s classroom. It is like trying to develop a recipe that works best for you.

I believe this book needs to be on every teacher’s bookshelf, every administrator’s bookshelf, and one in the school resource library for those teacher’s who don’t own a copy! This is a must read for every beginning teacher as well as a refresher course for experienced teachers!

Please check out this book! You won’t regret it!



No comments: