Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2016 SCCEC Conference Day 2

In the morning I attended a session called Teaching Preservice Teachers A Systematic Procedure for Creating a Criterion-Reference Test. Here is the slide presentation.  It was very informative and I hope it will enable me to help my teachers make more meaningful tests in order to gain pre- and post-test data.

Next was the Policy Panel that I organized and Ann Moore and Mary Etta Taylor gave an update about the State Department and the Read to Succeed Initiative. A lot of new information is on the SC Dept. of Education website. Here is their presentation.  Then Tria Grant talked about the new teacher evaluation tool that is coming out. It was a great session and well attended (almost 100 people!).

The last presentation I attended was Improving accuracy in writing through collaborative writing tasks.  Here is the slide presentation.

Next I went to a session on Preparing pre-service teachers for co-teaching.  Here is the slide presentation.

After lunch we had the Representative Assembly where we elected a new Vice President (Constance Mays), and re-elected our recording secretary (Amanda Walkup) and treasurer (Darlene Stowe).

It was a great conference with wonderful sessions and opportunities to network and connect with friends. I look forward to next year here at the Embassy Suites in Myrtle Beach.

Original Photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: