Tuesday, March 9, 2021

To My Past Self

Yesterday I thought it would be fun to have my students write a letter to their future selves. Today I think it would be fun to write to their past self.

If you knew then what you know now, what would you tell your past self?

I remember thinking things were the end of the world when I was younger but it wasn’t. As a more mature person, I can see things from a different perspective.

Here is my advice to my past self:
  • Mistakes that seem like they are the worst thing that could happen, really aren’t.
  • Don’t worry so much about what others are thinking because they probably aren’t even thinking about you.
  • Get outdoors more. It helps you appreciate the world around you.
  • Make wise friendships. You don’t need a lot of friends, just good friends.
  • Friends who give you ultimatums really aren’t your friends.
  • Notice who stays close to you and helps you during the tough times. They are your real friends.
  • Be kind to everyone, even those you don’t like. You don’t know what their life is like.
  • Don’t be so quick to judge people. Again, you don’t know what their life is like.
  • Don’t think you know everything. You don’t.
  • Appreciate your parents more. You will realize how important they are when you no longer have them.
  • Keep in touch with good friends. You will be glad you did many years later.
What advice would you give your past self? Please share.

Photo by CDC on Unsplash


No comments: