Thursday, April 2, 2020

2020 Goals Review for March

Due to the Coronavirus, we have decided to social distance ourselves for most of March. This means we haven’t gone out to eat or visited with friends. I did a lot more writing, reading, and crafting. I was able to design 2 new patterns and even though it wasn’t one of my goals, I am very proud of this.

1.     Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – I haven’t lost any this month but I have been able to increase my exercise. My weight has gone up and down all month. I just can’t resist the chocolate donuts and Ben and Jerry ice cream!
2.     Crafts – I believe by actually setting a goal, I will complete the projects that I want to do. If I’m not specific, certain projects will always be on the back burner.
a.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 25 completed already. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 3 of the project.)
                                                        i.     Completed 6 squares
b.     Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.
                                                        i.     January – prayer shawl completed
                                                      ii.     February – prayer shawl completed
c.     Knit a sweater.  – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater
d.     Knit a ZigZag scarf – It is actually called the ZickZack scarf and I started it on 3/19/20
e.     Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.
3.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature.
a.     The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts 
b.     A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall
c.     The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims
d.     The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.



No comments: