Thursday, August 1, 2019

Review of Yearly Goals – July 2019

July was another rough month for me. My father passed away on July 11 which put me in a funk all month. I had some trouble focusing on my goals this month but when I was reviewing them, I realized that I actually did better than I expected. I also started teaching my summer graduate course which kept me busy. I did finish my twelfth biography though and I’m happy I reached my reading goal! I really enjoyed this, and I think I will continue this type of goal next year and pick a specific topic to focus on for the year.

My yearly goals are:

1.     Lose 10 lbs. This seems to be my continuing goal each year and hopefully, this is the year that I reach it.
2.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. (There are 60 squares in the pattern, and this is year 2 of the project.)
3.     Knit a sweater.  - complete
4.     Finish my Squishy Blanket (pattern: Bits and Bobs by Kay Jones).
5.     Learn how to use my sewing machine. - complete
6.     2019 Photo A Day Project – I participate in this every other year and I feel it helps me learn how to take better photos.
7.     Publish a book - This is a big one for me and I won’t believe it until the project is complete and I have a hard copy of the book in hand.
8.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are biographies or autobiographies.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave it in the comments.

Results: I’ve decided to color code my results. Red = bad, Green = Work in Progress, Strike through = completed.

1.     I’ve lost 1 lb. since January.
2.     I knit 7 square since January.
3.     I finished my sweater on 2/20/19
4.     I finished my squishy blanket!
5.     Finished my skirt and top. 2/13/19
6.     I am continuing the photo a day project!
7.     My book was released on 3/19/19.
8.     I’ve read 11 biographies:
a.     The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
b.     High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband by Evelyn Husband.
c.     Miracles from Heaven by Christy Wilson Beam
d.     Harry: A Biography of a Prince by Angela Levin
e.     Robin by Dave Itzkoff
f.      In Pieces by Sally Field
g.     Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Caroline Fraser
h.     Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
i.      Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan
j.      North of Normal by Cea Sunrise Person
k.     Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan
l.      The Farmer's Son: Calving Season on a Family Farm by John Connell

Are you working on yearly goals? How are you doing? Please share.

Photo by Vek Labs on Unsplash

No comments: