Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Create an Environment


In Leadership from Seth Godin's Blog by Seth Godin shares,

“You can’t make people change. But you can create an environment where they choose to.”

I keep reminding myself that I can't control other people I can only control myself. 

I can't make my students study and I can't make them do their work. I can't make my students behave in the way that I want them to behave. I could tell them reasons why they should study and why they should do that work I can't make them do this. I didn't tell them why they should behave in a certain way, but I can't make them.

If I see that someone needs to change, I can suggest ways in which they can do things that will help them make this change. but if they don't want to make the change there is nothing I can do to make it happen.

 but I can change the environment in which there in that might help them make the change it easier. It might make them have the right choices to help them make these changes.

 My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and, in that way,  we hope it might help us lose weight. We don't want to be on a diet because we haven't had a lot of success with the diet. But instead, we decided to change our environment. we stock a refrigerator with ready-made salads which makes it easier for us to make the right choice when looking for something to eat. we don't have the excuse of saying it is too much trouble, but we don't have the right ingredients to make a salad. The changing environment we have made it easier to make the right choices free eating healthier foods.

In that same way, I can make the environment better for students to choose to study and did it work. This might help them make better choices and become more successful in the future. when students have choices, they tend to be less resistant to change. Students have very little things that they feel they are in control of somebody giving them more choices will help them feel in control. When students feel in control, I hope they will make better choices.




No comments: