Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Universal Design for Learning Puts Tech Together For all Students

(I recently attended the SC Ed Tech 2013 Conference. One of the great reasons I like this conference is that it is in my town so I don’t have to pay for a hotel! The other reason is that I connect with so many other educators. I always pick up something new from a session and if I don’t learn something new, I’m always looking at how the material is presented in order to hone my own presentation skills. This is the last day of my notes that I took from the sessions.)

UDLUDL by Cheryl Wissick

http://Udltechnology.wikispaces.com/ - great resource!

Barriers to learning and solutions chart

Text to speech

Word correction

Voice recognition

Simply web page

Ebooks with supports

Screen capture

Access tools

Language tools

Tool doesn't need research to back it up. Need tools to access material that is research based. (Think of wheelchair ramps)

Browser -photon flash player for iPad -$4.99

My Takeaway:

There are so many great tools out there to use in the classroom. These tool can help students overcome the barriers to learning. I like how Cheryl divided them up on her wiki according to the barrier along with the possible solution.

No comments: