Monday, October 7, 2013

Connected Educators Month

connect October is Connected Educators Month. According to the Office of Educational Technology, this month is “…a celebration of online communities of practice and networks in education.  The Department of Education invites all states, districts, and educational organizations to participate in Connected Educators Month.”

During this month:

I plan to write a blog post on every week day and ask a question that may lead to a conversation involving my readers.

I plan to read educational blogs on a regular basis and leave a comment every day on at least two blog posts.

I plan to show my students (who are pre-service teachers) ways to be connected so that when they become teachers, they will already have a running start.

I will be attending the South Carolina Edtech conference where I will meet with other professionals and learn ways to use technology more effectively in the classroom.

Are you being a connected educator? What things are you doing? Please share!

cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo by Jerry Wong: http://flickr.com/photos/wongjunhao/2761709029/

No comments: