Friday, December 2, 2011

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 12/2/11

tools2Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

The Wild Classroom – videos and podcasts to use in the classroom

The World at 7 Billion – find out where you stand against the other 7 Billion in the world.

Kerbel Space Program – “Kerbal Space Program is a multi-genre game where the player can create his own space program. In KSP, you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying it's crew out into space, without killing them.At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. Each part has it's own function and will affect the way a ship flies (or doesn't).So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science!”

Reading Bear – “teaches children to read by introducing phonics principles painlessly and systematically, while teaching new vocabulary.”

Cite This For Me – “is a free generator tool designed to help students prepare their whole bibliography or reference list quickly and easily. It uses the Harvard referencing style, one of the most common referencing styles in academia.”

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

Original Image: Pat Hensley

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--As is always the case, you have shared some marvelous resources. I checked out Reading Bear (I'm going to pass that on to my daughter, so she can use it with my granddaughter) and The Wild Classroom.

How is that compiling of the resources coming along? I would love to purchase a packet of all your past posts (it could be sent to me via email).

All I want for Christmas is to KEEP my two front teeth...and a collection of classroom sites from Pat.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great resources. The Wild Classroom has some great clips. I love finding new things out there to use in the classroom.

Rachel Man said...

I really liked the information on the Wild Classroom. The clips are amazing idea-spurrers!