Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Scored - A Book Review

scored-coverI recently read the book SCORED by Lauren McLaughlin which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

This seemed like a modern day 1984 book and I loved it. This book would be great for middle school and high school students to read. I think it would be a great class novel because it lends itself to many great discussions. Topics could include: dystopia, Big Brother, scoring, relationships, academics, scholarships, peer pressure, and loyalty. I’m sure that students would be able to come up with more. I also think this book would interest boys as well as girls and causes both to think deeper into what ifs. I would highly recommend this for a classroom or a school library.

I would give this book 5 out of 5.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: