Thursday, September 21, 2023

Motivation

A streak can defined as “a consecutive series.”

I find that a streak can be very motivational.

Not losing my streak helps me log in my food in a food diary. One time I was up to logging in for 1025 days straight. Unfortunately traveling and camping interrupted that streak.

I have been logging in my exercise distance in a group challenge. I have been logging in for 1688 days.

I am also learning Spanish on Duolingo and I’m up to 675 days in a row.

I don’t want to lose that streak so it motivates me to keep going.

I think this would work for students too. Have them come up with a goal and keep track of it. Make a chart because visuals can help motivate also.

For example:
  • Homework turned in on time
  • Completed assignments for the day
  • Stayed on task for 90% of the class time.
  • Got along with peers.
  • No referrals to the office.
I’m sure you could think of more about a specific student in your class. What would you come up with?

Photo by Isaac Smith on Unsplash

No comments: