Friday, September 22, 2023

Knit-A-Way Retreat Day 1

We had Day 1 of the retreat at Big Lynn Lodge in Little Switzerland. Since it is only 2 hours away from home, we took our time on the way here. We left home at about 8:30 and stopped at antique stores along the way. We drove to Bakersville to find the restaurant we ate at last year (Bonnie and Clyde) which had wonderful food. Then we drove through Bakersville but there wasn’t anything there so don’t waste your time going there!

We checked into room 139 around 3:30 pm and even though the parking spaces were marked, people didn’t park in the correct space so we didn’t have a space. Don found an open spot to park in. Our room was nice with a min fridge, TV, and internet. Don watched TV while I knit and visited with people. I turned in my charity soap sacks and entered my camper blanket for the clothesline contest.

At 6 pm, we had dinner and sat with Betty Buck. Our dinner was very good (Ham, corn, wild rice, tossed salad, and peach pie with ice cream). Don went back to the room and I knit until our evening meeting at 8 pm. Some door prizes were given out but I didn’t win anything. I was in bed by 9:30





Original photos by Pat Hensley

No comments: