Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Converge Autism 2023 Takeaways

I like going to sessions at conferences where I get the most takeaways. I like to leave with things that I can do/use in the classroom. 

Here are a few sessions that I really enjoyed with the most takeaways for me and their presentations: 


Supporting Students with Autism in the General Education Setting presented by Heidi Carico, MA, NCSP



Early Intervention and Autism; Real Life Questions, Real Life Answers presented by Dr. James Ball, Ed.D, BCBA-D


7 Core Strategies for Effective Program presented by Dr. James Ball, Ed.D, BCBA-D



1 comment:

Sherea said...

Hi,

Thank you so much for sharing the information about Autism. As I read through the powerpoint, I was able to identify great resources that would be beneficial in class. I have two classes, where I have an inclusion teacher, who assists a student who has autism. This student is able to function in a regular classroom, but he does not like it when it becomes loud. Also, he has his days where he is okay with completing assignments and days where he would prefer to do something else. Reviewing the resources and the information that was provided, is amazing. I cannot wait to take this blog and share it with others in my department and at my school, so they can utilize the information given as well. With teaching in the new digital age, it seems that one may run out of ideas in regards to how to approach a situation as such, but this kind of information is motivating. Thank you for sharing.

-A grateful teacher