Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Weird Workouts

“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In Weird Workouts, Rushton features Joseph who adds to his workout routine by adding motivational techniques.

He gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“Is there something you know you need to do, but you do something unusual in order to make sure you get the needed thing done?

What’s a need you see at your home or school that isn’t getting addressed? Can you and a buddy or two come up with a clever way to make sure that gets done?”

I don’t like working out any more than most people but I don’t think I’d go to the extreme that this guy did. One of the things I do is post a picture that I really like of how I used to look and can look at it as I work out. This reminds me why I am doing what I need to do to achieve that goal. I also tend to do the hardest task on my list first in order to get it out of the way. Then I know I can accomplish other things more easily.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.





No comments: