Thursday, September 16, 2021

Fourteen Years Later


I have been writing on this blog for fourteen years. My first post was on September 16, 2007.

Time flies when you are having fun. I’ve been writing posts every Monday through Friday for fourteen years. When I first started this, I told myself I would quit when it stopped being fun. I guess I’m still having fun.

Here is my first post on “Why I’m Doing This.” My reasons are still the same but I throw in some lessons I’ve learned through my travels and sometimes some other personal memories. I still hope that others enjoy reading my posts and get something out of them.

Here are the stats from Google Analytics:
  • Over 2.3 million people have read my blog.
  • I have 261 followers.
  • Over 3730 posts.
  • Over 3500 comments
  • Most people use Chrome.
  • Teaching is the most popular keyword used for search.
  • The top locations that view this site are the US, France, Russia, UK, Germany, Canada, Sweden, Brazil, and the Philippines. 
Overall, I think I’m meeting my goal of having meaningful content for my readers.

I want to thank everyone who has visited and supported me over these 14 years.

Photo by Gaelle Marcel on Unsplash

1 comment:

doug0077 said...

Hope you will be writing for 14 more!

Doug