Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My Growth Mindset Journal – Book Review

I recently read My Growth Mindset Journal by Annie Brock and Heather Hundley that was graciously sent to me by Ulysses Press to review. I am not being paid for this review.

Last year I reviewed The Growth Mindset Coach and the Growth Mindset Playbook. Please go read the reviews and see how much I enjoyed both of them.

The My Growth Mindset Journal is a wonderful companion for these books. The authors have given a lot of writing prompts to further inspire teachers. I believe we need to reflect and learn from our own teachings in order to be more effective in the classroom.

The prompts can be completed by a teacher each day and don’t take up too much time. I also think this would be a great book to use as a mentor teacher and would give a good jumping off point with your mentee. I think this could be used at department meetings and the prompt be given in advance. Then all members can take a minute at the meeting to share their responses. I believe these prompts would also be great to use during a professional development session. Give teachers the prompt at the beginning and before lunch, go over the responses. I also think this could be adapted to be used with students as writing prompts and improve not only their writing but teach them the art of reflection.

I plan to use many of these prompts in my bullet journal. I highly recommend this for the individual teacher and for the school library if they have a professional development section for teachers.

-->

No comments: