Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019 Books

This year my goal is to read at least 12 biographies. These are the ones that I’ve finished this month and my opinion about them.

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
Reading this book was like watching a train wreck. I knew how it would turn out but I couldn’t stop reading. I was outraged on the girls’ behalf at the injustice of the system at the time. I was also horrified at the pain and suffering that they went through. I never knew about these girls or what happened to them so I’m glad that I read this.

High Calling: The Courageous Life and Faith of Space Shuttle Columbia Commander Rick Husband by Evelyn Husband.
This was an interesting book and I learned a lot about what Rick Husband had to go through to become an astronaut. Seeing the space program from a different viewpoint, it was very educational. I also enjoyed learning about the faith he had in God and how it helped him and his family deal with the many disappointments and struggles that they faced.
 
Miracles from Heaven by Christy Wilson Beam
This was an easy read and I finished it in one day. It is an amazing story about a young girl who suffers from a horrible disease and horrific pain. One day, while she and her sister are playing on a large tree, she falls into the hollow trunk and has to be rescued. What happens during and after this event is amazing.

If you know of any good biographies that I should read, please let me know in the comments below.


No comments: