Monday, December 17, 2018

S is for Simple

During this holiday season, I thought it would be fun to use the word Christmas and apply it to education.

Today’s letter is S and S stands for Simple.  

Sometimes I make a lesson so complicated and fancy that it doesn’t work. I work myself into a frenzy trying to make it fabulous and then it bombs. I have too many working parts and too many things included that if I forget something, it won’t work. Yet, I’m trying really hard to make a perfect lesson.

Then I find that I can do a simple lesson with not many supplies needed and the students love it!

I have learned that my students like to use their imagination and make it fancy on their own terms.

If I give simple directions and allow them to be creative, the students stay engaged and enjoy the lesson more.

I need to remember to keep it simple and allow the students to grow at their own pace.

Simple is sometimes stronger. These are the lessons that they will remember. These are the skills that will help them solve problems.

What do you do to keep things simple in your classroom? Please share.

Photo by Evelyn on Unsplash


No comments: