Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Monthly Review of Goals from August

GoalsBoy, did August fly by! It is hard to believe that it is September already. It is time to review my goals and see how I did last month. All of my goals can be found here. The ones that are in bold are ones that I have already accomplished.

For the year:

1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. ( I accomplished this!)

2. I want to knit a sweater. (I have knit a couple already and I’m getting ready to start on the Gnarled Oak cardigan from the Coastal Knits Book.)

3. I want to dye yarn. (Still haven’t done this yet but I’m getting closer to being in the mood!)

4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. (I have been going out and doing some weeding when it hasn’t been raining.)

5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. (I realize that my life has been a lot less stressful since I’ve been sticking to this goal.)

6. I will find something good in each day. (This is really helping me have a good attitude when I go to bed and I think it helps me sleep better.)

7. I will learn archery. (I found another groupon coupon for archery lessons for two and hopefully will make an appointment in September.)

8. I will nurture old friendships. (I had a mini reunion with my niece and her family at Myrtle Beach. I haven’t seen them in person in about 5 years.)

9. I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year. (I have lost 20 pounds since January! I’m so excited! Now everything I lose is like icing on the cake!)

Daily:

1. I will eat healthy. (This healthy eating has helped me lose weight! I am also down to size 8 from a size 10 in my clothes.)

2. I will exercise. (I have been walking on the treadmill and walking in the park regularly. I have been getting 10,000 steps almost every day and now I’ve bumped it up to 15,000 steps.)

3. I will stretch. (I stretch and do strength exercises for 20 minutes each day.)

4. I will read my bible. (I’ve been doing this but need to do it more regularly.)

5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. (This goal has helped me get a lot of things done around the house.)

6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. (Every day I try to send an email or message through Facebook.)

7. I will be happy. (Consciously thinking this helps me start each day with a smile.)

I am very pleased with my progress this year. This monthly accountability has really made a difference and I will plan on doing this again next year.

Have you reviewed your goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year? How are you doing? If you haven’t achieved something yet, don’t give up. Just begin now.

Image: 'La Jolla Goal Wall'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30011527@N05/3876577832
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: