Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monthly Review of Goals from July

GoalsJuly has been a busy month for me. I teach a course for Furman University every July and it helps make the month fly by. It is time to review my goals and see how I did last month. All of my goals can be found here.

For the year:

1. I want to spin the alpaca fiber that I processed with some wool. ( I accomplished this!)

2. I want to knit a sweater. (I accomplished this by making 2 so far and want to make the Gnarled Oak Cardigan next.)

3. I want to dye yarn. (Still haven’t done this yet but now I have all the necessary materials and equipment.)

4. I want to spruce up my gardens this year. (We have gotten so much rain that it has been hard to keep ahead of the weeds. But I’m trying. )

5. I won’t commit to more to more than I can handle. (I was able to say no to another request for my time! I can’t say I wasn’t tempted but I knew in my heart that I didn’t want to do it.)

6. I will find something good in each day. (Being around children every day is enough to bring joy every day.)

7. I will learn archery. (We tried to use our groupon coupon only to find that the company has closed! I am watching for another one at another local archery range.)

8. I will nurture old friendships. (I have been meeting several friends for lunch. )

9. I will lose at least 20 lbs. this year. (I have lost 17 pounds since January!)

Daily:

1. I will eat healthy. (I have really worked hard on that this month and I can see a difference in my weight, how my clothes fit, and how I feel!)

2. I will exercise. (I have been walking on the treadmill and walking in the park regularly.)

3. I will stretch. (I stretch and do strength exercises for 20 minutes each day.)

4. I will read my bible. (I’ve been trying but I need to do better.)

5. I will do something that I have been avoiding. (I think I do this when I do daily chores around the house. I would much rather spin or knit than clean house!)

6. I will contact a friend and let them know I am thinking of them. (I have met several friends for lunch and enjoyed catching up on life.)

7. I will be happy. (I was very happy teaching this month!)

I think I’ve done really well with my goals this month and I’m proud of myself. I hope I can continue working on them throughout the year.

Have you reviewed your goals or resolutions you made at the beginning of the year? How are you doing? If you haven’t achieved something yet, don’t give up. Just begin now.

Image: 'La Jolla Goal Wall'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30011527@N05/3876577832
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: