Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Comfort Books

booksIn Comfort books from Blue Skunk Blog by Doug Johnson

“Every few years, I also find I need "comfort" books* - books that I've read before and can relax in the re-reading of, knowing the plot and the characters…

What are your comfort books?”

When I get bored or if I’m stressed out, I need comfort books. They are like getting a hug by words. Some are paperbacks that have worn covers from so much rereading. Here are some of my favorites:

1. The Narnia books

2. Little House on the Prairie books

3. A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L’Engle

4. Books by Janette Oke

5. To Kill a Mockingbird

6. Harry Potter Books

7. Little Women

8. Charlotte’s Web

9. The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew

10. The Little Princess

11. The Outsiders

12. Romance novels for when I don’t want to think and just want a happy ending (some favorite authors are: Nora Roberts, Robyn Carr, Sherryl Wood)

What are your comfort books? Please share!

Image: 'Tome Reader'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33377700@N00/443545349
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: