Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Can Special Become Common?

At the SCCEC Conference in Myrtle Beach this past weekend, I attended many meaningful sessions. I will be sharing the information (and presentations if given permission by the presenters).
Can Special Become Common? Offering Math Support in the Common Core Classroom
Presenter: Dr. Julie Jones, USC Upstate



I really enjoyed the information given in this presentation. I believe that using Task Analysis is vital to many of my student’s success and the mnemonics were also helpful. I really enjoyed learning more about using journaling activities with math.

I especially found this link useful to find sample questions for assessment on the test that will be used in our state. http://www.smarterbalanced.org/smarter-balanced-assessments/ You will need to scroll down under item/task specifications to find the zip file for the questions.

(Original Presentation by Dr. Julie Jones was  uploaded to slideshare.net for the purpose of embedding it on to this blog.)

No comments: