Wednesday, February 27, 2013

State Park Volunteer Training

024We had the training of volunteers for the spring session of the school program at Paris Mountain State Park last week. I was thrilled that there was such a big turn out! It was even exciting to see the region this training is offered twice a year and I have been to 3 of these sessions. I’m always thrilled that I learn something new at every session I attend. Click HERE to look at the pictures that I took. I find this such a rewarding program and really believe in what is being done here. It encourages students to be outdoors and to learn about their environment. I believe it teaches them an appreciation of their state parks and their surroundings. If you haven’t done so, I would suggest that you check with the state park system where you live to see if there is a program available for your students.

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: