Monday, February 25, 2013

Orangutan and Sea Otter - Book Reviews

orangutanI recently was sent two books by Suzi Esterhas: Eye on the Wild: Orangutan and Eye on the Wild: Sea Otter. This is the review that I gave the books (and I am not being paid to give this review):

I thought both of these books were great for young children! Both books had excellent photos of the animals which would be very meaningful to children. While I like illustrations, I think real photos of animals help children associate them to real life easier. The author is a wonderful wildlife photographer! Both books talked about the babies and how they sea ottergrow into adults along with their relationship with their mothers. There were lots of opportunities for vocabulary growth in both books also. I think young children would enjoy having the books read to them while they looked at the pictures.

I would recommend both of these books for young children whether in the home or early childhood classroom.

No comments: