Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I Want to Be That Kind of Teacher

teacherIn That KIND of teacher from Cool Cat Teacher Blog, Victoria A Davis, Cool Cat Teacher asks,

"What kind of teacher are you?" 

I want to be this kind of teacher:

Others know they can count on me when they need help. I know the people that I can always count on when I need help.

1. I keep my word. I don’t make promises I can’t keep. I try to stay away from people who make idle promises because I know that I can’t count on them.

2. If I see something needs to be done and it is something I can do, I don’t wait for someone to ask me to do it. This saves a lot of time and energy for all involved.

3. I return things I borrow in the same or better condition than when I got it. I was brought up this way by my parents.

4. I don’t talk about others behind their back. If I have nothing nice to say, then I say nothing at all.

5. If I disagree with someone, I will talk to them about it before going over their heads.

6. I will communicate with parents regularly and keep the line of communication open so they can contact me when they need to.

7. I will be a resource for other teachers who come to me for advice on handling their special ed concerns. If I don’t know something, I look for the answer or tell others where they might find the answer.

8. I will give emotional support to others when they need it because some day I might be the one in need.

9. I want my students to like me, that is great but if they don’t, that is okay too. My main goal is that they learn what they need from my class. They have enough friends so my role is a teacher is more important.

10. I want to be a positive role model. I want to smile a lot and say positive things. Students will see this and hopefully try to do the same thing. No one likes to spend a lot of time with a negative adult who whines and complains a lot.

So, it is my turn to ask. what kind of teacher are you? Please share.

Image: 'teaching with emotion: a halloween story'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73645804@N00/2970929574
Found on flickrcc.net

No comments: