Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Love and Sacrifice

“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In Love and Sacrifice, Rushton features a man saving cats abandoned in Fukushima nuclear zone.

Rushton gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“If you were a family member of Mr Kato, what would you say to him to try and get him to leave for safety? Could you say something unexpected that might persuade him?"

I found this interesting because it was hard for me to imagine myself doing this. I don’t think I would do this and I’m not sure I could convince someone else to leave. I also would be very worried if this man was my family member. I know when my parents chose to stay in their home when a hurricane would pass through, I was very worried about them but couldn’t convince them to leave. I would imagine this man’s family feels the same way.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.

No comments: