Monday, January 9, 2023

2022 Goals Review for December

December went by so fast. We ended up booking two cruises for the month thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Then when we got home, we both were recovering from colds that we caught.

1. Lose 5 lbs. – I gained weight this month.

 

2. Finish my national park blanke - complete! I also finished my Camp Along Blanket.

 

3. Year of the Gnome – complete! I knit at least one gnome a month. Completed 12 gnomes.

 

4. Knit a sweater. - Complete!

 

5. Yarn - more out than in (use more yardage than I buy) – Due to Black Friday sales that I couldn’t resist, I bought 3636 yds. of  Knit Picks yarn. I used 578 yds. up in projects.

-Yarn used - 14565

-Yarn bought - 17626

 

6. Design 3 new patterns. – Completed 3 designs but I only published 2 this year.

 

7. Learn something new. -  Complete! I’m mosaic crocheting a blanket and dabbling with watercolor painting. I’m still working on my embroidery project.

 

8. Read 12 nonfiction books - completed.      

-A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming by Kerri Rawson

-Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

-Captive: A Mother's Crusade to Save Her Daughter from a Terrifying Cult by Catherine Oxenberg    

-That Time of Year: A Minnesota Life by Garrison Keillor

- The Cat I Never Named: A True Story of Love, War, and Survival by Amra Sabic-El-Rayess, Laura Sullivan

-The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz

by Erik Larson

-Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose by Sadie Robertson

-Battle of Brothers: William and Harry – The Inside Story of a Family in Tumult by Robert Lacey

-The Opposite of Fate: Memories of a Writing Life by Amy Tan

-Going Solo by Roald Dahl

- Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P.L. Travers by Valerie Lawson

-Everything Beautiful in Its Time: Seasons of Love and Loss by Jenna Bush Hager

 

How is your progress toward your goals? Please share.

 

Photo by Adam Winger on Unsplash

No comments: