Thursday, December 1, 2022

2022 Goals Review for November

November was a busy month. We are at our beach house in FL and spent 2 weeks there before a hurricane came through. So we had to put up the hurricane shutters before we left for a cruise. We were supposed to go on a cruise on November 9th but it was delayed a day due to the hurricane. Once we got on the cruise, we had a wonderful time. 

1. Lose 5 lbs. – My weight went up this month because I overate on the cruise. I’m afraid I won’t meet this goal this year. 

 

2. Finish my national park blanket. - complete! I also finished my Camp Along Blanket.

 

3. Year of the Gnome - knit at least one gnome a month. Completed 11 gnomes.

 

4. Knit a sweater. - Complete!

 

5. Yarn - more out than in (use more yardage than I buy) – I only finished a gnome this month. I have a sweater and a pair of socks on the needles so I hope this will help the amount used next month. 

-Yarn used - 12919

-Yarn bought - 13990

 

6. Design 3 new patterns. – Completed 2 designs. Finished one sock design and a cowl design. I’m working on a colorwork mitten design. It is harder than I expected to complete this design. 

 

7. Learn something new. -  Complete! I’m mosaic crocheting a blanket and dabbling with watercolor painting. I’m still working on my embroidery project. 

 

8. Read 12 nonfiction books - completed.       

-A Serial Killer's Daughter: My Story of Faith, Love, and Overcoming by Kerri Rawson

-Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah

-Captive: A Mother's Crusade to Save Her Daughter from a Terrifying Cult by Catherine Oxenberg     

-That Time of Year: A Minnesota Life by Garrison Keillor

- The Cat I Never Named: A True Story of Love, War, and Survival by Amra Sabic-El-Rayess, Laura Sullivan

-The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz

by Erik Larson

-Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose by Sadie Robertson

-Battle of Brothers: William and Harry – The Inside Story of a Family in Tumult by Robert Lacey

-The Opposite of Fate: Memories of a Writing Life by Amy Tan

-Going Solo by Roald Dahl

- Mary Poppins, She Wrote: The Life of P.L. Travers by Valerie Lawson

-Everything Beautiful in Its Time: Seasons of Love and Loss by Jenna Bush Hager



x

How is your progress toward your goals? Please share.

 

Photo by Adam Winger on Unsplash

No comments: