Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Showing Gratitude

In An antidote from Seth Godin's Blog by Seth Godin talks about gratitude.

“So much of what ails us gets a bit better when we say ‘thank you.’”

When things get tough, it is easy to forget all the things we should be thankful for.

When I had a roof leak, I needed to be thankful that I wasn’t homeless and that I had a roof over my head that could leak.

When I had car trouble, I needed to be thankful that I had a car.

When my family and I are arguing, I need to be thankful that I’m not alone in the world.

It is too easy to focus on the troubles in our lives instead of the blessings.

Every day in my journal, I write down one thing that I’m grateful for. I think this would be good for students to do also. Have them start with a small notebook and every day, write down one thing that they are thankful for. They can write more than one if they want but they need to write at least one. It will help them see that the world doesn’t revolve just around them. It makes students more aware of the world around them.

It will be amazing to see how their attitudes change over time.

How do you encourage students to be thankful? Please share.

No comments: