Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Spring Season

Spring has started and clocks have been changed.

I can’t seem to get my feet back on the ground. I used to have a rhythm that kept me being productive during the day but lately I can’t seem to find it.

My body still hasn’t gotten used to the time change. I find myself noticing the time and saying what time it would have been. My body is still working on that time which throws me off of everything else.

Spring also brings allergies with it so while my body hasn’t adapted to the new time, my sinuses and head feel like I’m foggy. I feel like I’m moving through a thick gelatinous fog. Everything about me is moving in slow motion while the whole world is going fast forward. I try to take a few minutes every day to just stop and relax. I feel that when I do that, it give my body and the world time to get synced back together again.

I try to remember how I’m feeling so I can understand how my students are feeling.

Many teenagers are feeling the same way and then they have teenage hormones going at the same time. Their whole world is chaotic.

It is during this time that I think having a visual schedule available for all students is helpful. Knowing what to expect and what is expected of them is a helpful reminder. Allowing some downtime to regroup is also useful during this time.

How do you help students adapt to these changes? Please share.

Photo by nikko macaspac on Unsplash

No comments: