Thursday, August 5, 2021

The End of Summer Learning Place 2021


Today is the last day of my EDEX962/963 class and the last day of our summer program - Summer Learning Place. It was one of my best years and I know it is because of the awesome teachers I had! They went above and beyond what I expected of them. They all were a very cohesive group and I enjoyed being around them. Their energy and enthusiasm were contagious. I really feel the children benefited from their instruction and I enjoyed seeing new strategies were used.

I decided not to do a final performance and ceremony for the public this year due to Covid and mask concerns. Instead, we had classroom ceremonies and the students received a gift and a certificate. I think it was a lot easier on the teachers and the students so I may discontinue that stressful activity in the future.   

My goals were:

  • I want to observe the teachers teaching lessons in reading, math, and writing.
  • I want to learn new strategies that they use to teach different skills.
  • I want to help the teachers grow professionally.
I believe I met all three goals this year and I hope the teachers were able to meet theirs also.

Original photos by Pat Hensley

No comments: