Monday, August 9, 2021

You’d Be Home Now– Book Review

I recently read You'd Be Home Now by Kathleen Glasgow. I read a review copy compliments of Netgalley and I am not being paid to give this review.

Emory is a junior in high school who follows in her popular college sister’s footsteps and also is a self-appointed guardian to her older brother who is an addict. After a tragedy, Emory returns to school and faces some difficult times along with her brother who has just returned from rehab.

This was a fabulous novel and I would highly recommend it for a high school library. It deals with many topics that students face in their daily lives such as dysfunctional families, drug addiction, sex issues, social media, peer relationships, friendships, and bullying. The characters in this novel are so diverse that I believe any high school student will be able to relate to someone. It could open up great discussions in the classroom where students can talk through the characters rather than reveal their own personal issues. I was unable to put the book down because I enjoyed it so much.

No comments: