Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Autism Perspectives

Recently I've been searching for current information about autism so I could share it with my readers. Intriguing enough I discovered a different kind of information than I expected. Instead of looking at current research and information from doctors and other experts, I started looking and information from people who have been diagnosed with autism. I have learned so much from them already that I wanted to share links to their videos so that you can hear them talk. It is so much more meaningful to hear their voices tell you their perspective.

I like how one person talks about shifting from Autism Awareness to Autism Acceptance. When I told my husband this, he suggested that before we could move to acceptance we need awareness. This makes sense because how can people accept things that they are not aware of. But I believe we have finally come to the point where we need to move away from awareness and move into acceptance.

I hope you take the time to watch some of these videos. If you get an opportunity, I'd love for you to return here and tell me what you think. Do you agree or do you not agree with what these people are saying and why?

Why everything you know about autism is wrong

No comments: