Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Admissions – Book Review

I recently read Admission by Julie Buxbaum. I read a review copy compliments of Netgalley. I am not being paid to give this review. It should be released for publication in May 2020.

The story is about a girl who is in her senior year of high school and she is applying to colleges. She is caught in the middle of the College Admissions scandal and we see the whole story unfold from her point of view.

This is an appropriate story of today’s world as we hear about the college admissions scandal in real life. I have watched the news stories but never really thought about what the actual students might be feeling or going through. This book was so interesting that I couldn’t put it down.

I think this book would be great to use in a high school class as either an individual book assignment or even a whole class assignment. Discussion topics could include honesty, integrity, college admissions, friendships, sibling rivalry, family dynamics, ethical behavior, and resilience. I think this book would allow students to discuss their own fears or anxieties about the end of their own school career and what the future holds for them.


No comments: