Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sharing Ideas


“An idea shared is more powerful than one that’s hidden. A technology standard outperforms a proprietary one. A community is stronger than divided individuals ever could be.”

Teaching should not be an isolated activity.

We need to share ideas that work with each other. It takes time to share but it is well worth the time and the effort.

Some of my best ideas have been formed while waiting in line for the copy machine. One teacher talks about a great lesson that she taught. While listening to the activity, I start thinking about ways this lesson could work in my class. I start talking about how I modify it for my students and usually, someone else will jump in and give other suggestions that I hadn’t thought about.

This is such a motivating and inspiration time even though at first, I was annoyed that I had to wait in line because I hate copying papers anyway.

Sometimes you have to look for the rainbow in the clouds. Look for opportunities to share ideas with others and let them share ideas with you. If no one is talking about their best lesson that they have taught lately, ask them.

Ask others what their biggest struggle was and then share yours. Maybe everyone can exchange ideas so that everyone can benefit.

Even students like to share their ideas so you can ask them what their favorite activity has been so far and what was their least favorite.

There are so many ways that teachers and students can share ideas. Sometimes you only need to ask the question to get the ball rolling.

Photo by G. Crescoli on Unsplash








No comments: