Thursday, November 8, 2018

Moving Forward

In We learn as we go from Seth Godin's Blog , Seth Godin shares,

“If we stop going, we stop learning…”

I tend to laugh when I hear students say how they can’t wait to get out of school so they can stop learning!

I feel we never stop learning. I look for something new to learn every day! I feel that I will never learn everything before I die.

If we are traveling, I look for something new that I’ve learned each day. I like to learn about people and cultures that I encounter. I might learn about the ship that we are sailing on or about the location we are visiting.

I’m afraid that if I didn’t learn something new every day, I would find life very boring! The thought of the possibility of learning something gets me excited. I’m always curious and wanting to know more. If I read something or see something, I have to jot something down in my notes to remember to get more information.

I’m always looking forward to the next thing that I’m going to learn.

I want to instill this curiosity and need to learn more in my students. I’m just not sure how to do it other than to be a role model for them. Every day I try to share with them the new thing that I had learned the day before. I encourage them to share something they had learned. No one is allowed to judge or make any negative comment about someone else’s new learning.

How do you instill the joy of learning in your students? Please share.

 Photo by Seven Song on Unsplash





No comments: