Thursday, June 28, 2018

Good Habits


“Are your daily habits leading you towards success?”

This past year I have started bullet journaling. At first, I just used a marble notebook but since, I’ve graduated to a dot matrix type of journal. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money if I didn’t think I would stick with it. Over the course of a year, I not only stuck with it, but I feel that I’ve been much more productive because of it.

Each month, I have an overall monthly spread that shows important events for the month and other appointments. I can glance at this and get an idea of what the month will look like for me. Then I have a weekly spread that lists things I need to do that week.

Every morning, I look at my journal and write down the things that I want to accomplish that day (my daily goals). I also have listed any appointments or events for that day. I glance at it several times during the day, so it keeps me on track with getting goals met. Before I go to bed, I can mark off everything that I finished for the day. Anything that didn’t get done will be migrated to the next day. I can also jot things down for the next day that I don’t want to forget.

I also keep a track of my steps, distance, and carbohydrate intake every day. This is helping me lose weight that I want to lose. When I don’t lose weight that week, I can look at these figures and know what is keeping me from my goal. By writing this information down, I’m more aware of my habits.

I also keep track of a cleaning schedule. By doing this, I’m not hating cleaning my house as much as I used to. Instead of spending a whole day trying to clean the house, I schedule a different room on different days. Once I finish that room, I’m free to do the other things I want or need to do. My house seems much more cleaner and organized rather than sporadically trying to fit in a whole day of cleaning.

I also have some daily reminders on my phone that help me remember to do things. I read my bible daily buy sometimes the busy-ness of the day can make me forget. The alert on my phone helps keep me on track.

Overall, I know that this bullet journal takes some time but it is well worth the effort. I’m really proud of all the things that I’m getting done each day.

What do you do to improve your daily habits? Please share.

Picture courtesy of Pixabay



No comments: